Our manufacturing client based in Springs has an opening for a Payroll Administrator to join their team.
The Incumbent will be required to ensure effective and accurate in-house production of payroll, employees are paid on time and payslips are distributed on a weekly/monthly basis. Coach and mentor Employee Services Clerks in order to promote knowledge transfer.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and Accounting as subjects
- Payroll Diploma or Certificate
- At least 5 years’ working experience in Payroll;
- Human Resource and Personal Administration knowledge
- JDE or Educos Payroll System experience
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Payroll – Knowledge of principles and procedures for payroll;
- Clerical – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as work processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology;
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; and
- Sound knowledge of BCEA, UIF, SDL and PAYE.
- Administer payroll information;
- Compile and check variances and other relevant payroll controls before payroll final;
- Provide direction to ES Clerks and business units of the implementation of new payroll forms and payroll processes;
- Validate dismissals/resignations and verify the final pay-outs;
- Resolve 2nd line enquiries timeously and effectively within service level agreement (SLA);
- Review and sign off all interim payments;
- Oversee payroll filing;
- Print and distribution of payslips on a weekly/monthly basis;
- Plan, organise and implement payroll processes that meet the requirements to ensure a successful payroll run on a daily basis. This includes but is not limited to the daily checking of input and variance report sign-offs;
- Reconciles payroll data to third party vendors;
- Clears reconciling items via the payroll within 30 days;
- Compile and distribute comprehensive month end reports (costing, headcount, production bonus and overtime report) to business units;
- Responsible for month-end processes, preparation and reconciliations;
- Recommend changes or implement new processes around the payroll system to meet business unit requirements;
- Testing of any cost component and legislative changes; and
- Report all system problems to the responsible ICT department and follow through to resolution.
- Participate and/or manage any project that is initiated in SSC whether team or individual input is required;
- Provide information as and when required by management, customers, colleagues, or any other third party;
- Liaise with all customers when required;
- Ensure compliance as per company delegation of authority and statutory legislation is adhered to; and
Salary: R23 000 to R27 000 PM with additional benefits
Note: Should you not have heard back from us within 2 weeks, then kindly accept that your application has not been successful.