To develop, implement and maintain the overall supply chain management operations, including; demand planning, stock control, storage planning, procurement activities, contract- and overall supplier relationship management, distribution planning and managing, waste removal & disposal, performance and risk management. To continuously review the supply chain performance and make necessary adjustments in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain.
Supply Chain Planning:
• Implement and maintain proper purchasing and preferential procurement processes.
• Review demand forecasts with the sales team on a continuous basis.
• Ensure all raw materials are available just in time.
Supply Chain Optimisation:
• Improve the level of optimisation of all receiving, handling and outbound delivery of goods.
• Improve & maintain a level of satisfaction of internal and external stakeholder’s needs in terms of quality of service provided.
• Establish standards to measure and assess factors such as quality, cost and turn-around times.
• Ensure continuous increase in productivity and on-time delivery of products to the customer.
• Lead and implement a continuous quality improvement process throughout the Supply Chain Management business unit with a focus on system and process improvements.
• Develop effective communication processes and mechanisms to ensure quick response to market requirements.
• Ensure that all activities operate consistently and ethically in alignment with the organisational values.
• Manage and develop an appropriate risk response plan.
• Report on all Supply Chain Management activities to the supervising Director.
• Optimise volume versus value product mixes per truckload delivered to customers. Implement and manage required system to improve this process.
Supplier Relationship Management:
• Develop and implement a supplier selection tool (preferential supplier database.)
• Identify and develop relationships with key stakeholders via regular engagements.
• Custodian of all supplier contracts.
Strategic inputs, development and implementation:
• Develop and implement applicable purchasing and procurement strategies.
• Provide input in terms of overall strategic planning processes for the department.
• Preparations and submissions of annual budget for review and approval.
• Manage all operations effectively within the budgetary restrictions.
• Management of expenditure levels and cash flows via close liaison with the Financial Manager.
• Ensure the continued financial viability of the Supply Chain Management business unit through sound fiscal management.
• Strategically analyse spending patterns and report thereon to the Directors with clear recommendations for improvements.
• Improve the cost-to-company of all inbound & outbound logistics operations.
• Lead and instil a high performance culture in the Supply Chain Management business unit.
• Lead, coach and develop personnel in the Supply Chain Management business unit.
• Develop and implement functional training programmes to expand the capacity and capability of all personnel.
• Manage personnel within the spirit of the relevant labour legislation.
• A minimum of between 5-8 years related Supply Chain Management experience within the FMCG market.
• Minimum: Related B-degree or Diploma
• Ideal: Degree in Supply Chain Management / Logistics or related Degree in Business Administration.
REQUIREMENTS - EXPERIENCE
• Have sound knowledge of Supply Chain Management principles.
• Knowledge of import and export procedures and principles.
• Knowledge regarding Financial Management.
• Knowledge regarding Project Management.
• Knowledge of the South African FMCG industry would be beneficial.
• Analysing information and using logic to address work related issues and problems.
• Conversant with relative legislation regarding Health and Safety requirements.
• Must be highly computer literate.
• Good knowledge of environmental requirements.
• Exceptional leadership skills.
• Computer literacy: Advanced MS Office essential; MS Project and SAGE beneficial.
• The incumbent should have the ability to perform on a strategic level within the operation
• Ability to work under pressure and to maintain required standards
• Willingness to work overtime as and when required
• The ability to manoeuvre and perform a variety of tasks simultaneously