A well-renown international company is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Accountant for an 18 month temp contract.
- Matric/ Grade 12 Certificate
- MUST have a Bcom Degree
- At least 1 year of experience at a Finance Representative / Finance Allocation Clerk level within Finance / Accounting in an International/Multi-national company, preferably with a USA parent
- Experience with balance sheet reconciliations relating to Accounts Receivable
- Experience with Accounts Analysis
- Experienced in PC-based accounting systems, both use and implementation
- ADVANCED Excel Skills non-negotiable
- Knowledge of Oracle Advantageous
- Ability to communicate in a professional way with financial institutions, distributors and local staff
- Interpersonal skills and demonstrate to be a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Assist AR Team Leader for Wire application/ allocation process
- Monitor and support timely allocation of wire payments (wire refunds received from distributors) by the team
- Follow up on any variances / reconciling items / partial payments with DS relating to the Wire Application / allocation process with MS
- Ensuring wire application / allocation reconciliations are performed on a daily basis
- Ensure completeness / accuracy of the reconciliations
- Ensure that no order release is performed without the correct receipt of wire credit card payments and proper allocation
- Highlight any control issue relating to this process to the Finance Manager
- Complete sales reconciliations to GL Accounts relating to the Accounts Receivable function. The Accounts are: 139000, 251000, 219009, 1330070, 411000, 431000,432000, 441000, 442000, 442002 for both South Africa and Zambia
- Report / Escalate to the AR Team Leader detail of any delay in the above process with reasons
- Maintain the Vendor data master data (Obtain all new forms and capturing in Oracle)
- Support any Finance related special projects to support the local / regional Finance and Management team.
- Support the wire application / allocation project to ensure the completeness of the automation fully.
- Support SOX requirements / testing / submissions.
- Support Internal and External Audits
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Daily Sales Reconciliations
Kindly note, if you don’t hear back from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.