To provide professional and efficient remote IT support to clients based in Australia. You will form part of a 25+ strong team in Australia who collectively provide an amazing customer experience while supporting innovative and industry leading technology.
ABOUT OUR BUSINESS
Our client is a rapidly growing IT support and cloud hosting business based in Perth Australia and support professional services firms, predominantly in the Legal, Finance and NFP industries. To support their growth they are continuously looking for switched-on, dedicated and customer focused engineers to join their ever growing team. With two of the three Directors being of South African heritage they are expanding to the South African market to utilise the technical and customer service skillsets that are so evident in the market while providing engineers an opportunity to earn their seat in the Australian office.
- Operational support of customer infrastructure. This would entail incident resolution, change management and upgrades/improvements.
- Act as a point of contact for phone calls and emails from customers regarding IT issues
- Managing calls from external stakeholders and driving efficient and accurate closure of technical issues
- The ability to be the escalation point for our systems engineers on complex support cases
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors and supplier to expedite solutions around customer issues using your knowledge of the clients infrastructure and environment.
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up on the status of issues on behalf of the user to ensure that service level agreements are met
- Identify inefficient processes and suggesting improvements for greater efficiency
- Awareness of customer incident trends & developments
- Involvement in Pre-Sales activities
- Ensure that skills and product knowledge are always across the latest developments in our field
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Strong IT knowledge and experience
- Committed to customer service and customer satisfaction
- Have the ability to work and perform under pressure in time critical scenarios
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in English
- Friendly and positive attitude - a real can do approach
- Attention to detail
- A tertiary qualification in an IT discipline and or at least 5 years' experience in a Mid/Senior Support Role
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of server software including Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 / Server 2012/R2 / SBS 2011 / Essentials. ESX, Hyper V. Exchange, and SQL.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of networking and firewalls (UTM / VPN), as well as Enterprise Storage and Servers. (Blades / SANS / Clustering etc)
- Experience using ticketing Systems (i.e. ConnectWise)
- Strong communication skills and be well presented.