My client is a well-established, world class IT company based in Randburg and they are looking for a dynamic IT Support Agent to join their team. This position reports to the Helpdesk Manager .
The successful candidate must have experience with SQL query knowledge including knowing how to Select, update, delete and insert queries.
Fluency in Afrikaans is highly advantageous.
Salary offered: R12K – R15K gross per month (including medical aid and pension fund) + Annual Performance bonus.
- Support users telephonically (Web Application Support)
- User contact and communication (telephonic and digital)
- Create basic reports in SQL
Their current products include, but are not limited to a Data Warehouse application, a claims application, global policy management system, etc.
Level One Support
- Answering of the helpdesk telephone and tickets logged via their support system.
- Development of SQL queries that support the support process
- Working with the development team to resolve reported issues.
- Creating proper documentation.
- Meeting support SLA.
The support agent will need to use TSQL to query the many databases that we operate in order to solve some problems. This is an essential skill. Problems can range from reports not balancing, users entering incorrect parameters to development bugs.
The support agent may be required to provide systems training to some user groups on and ad-hoc basis. This may require some travel to locations within South Africa.
- Technical (Required)
- Basic T-SQL Querying (1-2 years)
- Basic understanding of web applications.
- Technical (Nice to have)
- SQL Reporting Services
- SQL Integration Services
- Experience in a support environment.
- Fluent in English and proficient in Afrikaans.
- Good Communicator
Should you meet the above requirements, kindly email your updated CV to email@example.com with the name of the position as your reference. You can also apply directly through the job portal.
If a strong match is found between your profile and the needs of the role, we'll contact you.
If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks you are unfortunately not a suitable match for this role.