Are you described by others as a driven, commercially orientated leader with a no-nonsense, hands-on management style? If so, then this General Manager role with our international client could be a great opportunity.
This is a strong technical oriented function. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain and grow the existing business, identify and develop new markets, striving for a healthy and sustainable profitability and growth in maintaining and developing the business product, image and organisational requirements. The GM will report directly to the Managing Director.
- A minimum of a degree in mining/ mechanics/ electrics or a related technical field, ideally with a management certificate. Preference will be given to candidates with applicable post-graduate qualifications and required experience.
- Ideally a candidate with a management function within the mining machinery industry or construction machinery industry
- In-depth management experience, having steered an organisation of at least 30 employees, with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Strong financial aptitude, responsible for budgets, revenue as well as profit (full P&L responsibility)
- Willing to travel to African countries from time to time
The general manager must identify business opportunities though:
- Frequent personal contact to key persons of existing and potential customers and business partners
- Identifying the right customer/segment/business partner for specialised products
- Developing and keeping updated a project list with priority settings and evaluations
- Identifying the logistical needs within the operational profile of the customers, thereby adding value to the customer business through customisation, service, quality, training and the company’s product portfolio.
- Establishment of process orientated operating sequences
Note: Should you not have heard back from us within 2 weeks, then kindly accept that your application has not been successful.