A well-known building retail group is currently seeking a Regional Buyer to be based in Airport Industria.
- Matric/ Grade 12 Certificate.
- Relevant tertiary qualification will be a strong recommendation
- Min 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a computerized retail environment
- Experience and understanding of retail business principles
- Babbage experience is essential
- Excellent product knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license
- Ensure that all Procurement activity within the Region complies with the Group Procurement Strategy, as determined by Procurement Group, i.e. Approved suppliers and Product Segment Strategy
- Liaise with Procurement Group Category Buyers on key issues relating to Strategic Suppliers Products
- Negotiate regional deals, forward orders, KVI’s and ELDP on behalf of the Region and in line with Procurement Group
- Maintain and develop relationships with both National approved and Regional Suppliers
- Facilitate the listing process of all Regional Suppliers
- Assist Marketing with promotional and advertising activities for the region
- Arrange product training with Suppliers for the region
- Manage plans for excess stock in the Region as determined by the Operations Manager
- Base price negotiation in the Region
- Provide assistance and involvement with Marketing in all Merchandising initiatives in the Region.
Kindly note, should you not hear back from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.