● The Manager: National Operations & Key Accounts serves as the interface between the Client,
sales channel and the Academy;
● Responsible and accountable for developing and maintaining long lasting trust relationships with
a portfolio of strategic clients
● Identify client needs, extend and align our solutions to achieve mutual satisfaction.
● Drive sales through the identification of new clients and retention of existing clients to ensure
continued revenue growth
● Ensure alignment of day to day sales and client relationship effort, driving collaborative
relationships with all stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
● Minimum of NQF 6 qualification in Sales & Marketing or equivalent
● Certificate in Project Management will be advantageous
● Sound understanding of the Learning and development landscape
● Completed or studying towards “Finance for Non-Financial Managers” will be an added
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in key account management
● Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a key account management team
● Experience of successful liaisons with both customers and internal stakeholders
● Some experience in managing projects
● Experience in working with relevant client information systems including MS Office (Excel/
● Valid code 8 driver’s license and own transport
● Demonstrated innovation and improved operational effectiveness
● Active Sales experience is essential
DUITES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Client Liaison and Client Management
● Actively engage and accurately interpret sales instruction / leads and referrals from relevant
stakeholders to draft appropriate proposal
● Client profiling to determine appropriate service and engagement in terms of level and
● Secure, develop and maintain client relationships with all accounts.
● Actively consult with a high degree of expertise and knowledge, raising the level and quality of
● Stay visible within the assigned accounts by ongoing scheduled visits;
● Represent the client’s interests within the company to ensure that service adjustments are
made where necessary;
● Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximise profits
● Identify new business opportunities among existing customers
● Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using
key accounts metrics
● Be familiar with account management software (CRM), have a flair for client communication
and understand consumer behaviour
● Collaborate with saes team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
● Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
● Ability to multitask and manage more than one client account
● Manage account team assigned to each client
● Manage adherence to deadlines on Client Submissions;
• Facilitate signing of all relevant agreements by the client
• Learner stipend payroll submission – To be submitted before payroll cut-off
date of the client
• Outstanding client invoices – Within 24 hours of receiving from Finance
• Learner stipend queries – Within 24 hours of receiving from the Campus
● Build a close relationship with an understanding of the client’s business environment –
achieved via existing experience, industry exposure and research.
● Ensure key decision makers and stakeholders are kept abreast of the services on offer from
Signa Academy and the continuous changes in legislation.
● Engage with client and internal stakeholders’ termination / replacement
● Solve conflict and manage client expectations
Individual Client Reporting on Portfolio
● Provide learner reports and analysis as required by the client as per agreed dead line and
● Ensure reports and internal insights are provided for client and business decisions
Build and maintain stakeholder relationships
● Liaise with a complex network of stakeholders to ensure business growth and business unit
● Build strategic inter-departmental relationships to help achieve business goals.
● Promote effective staff, and stakeholder relationships.
● Manage and ensure effective communication with all stakeholders and sustain client
● Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure registration with the relevant bodies
● Focus on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business.
● Expand relationships and bringing in new clients
● Write key account management plans for all current and opportunity tender business.
● Act as the key interface between the customer and all relevant divisions.
● Development and achievement of sales through direct sales channels
● Be actively involved in season planning with focus on increased sales.
● Monitor and report on sales activities.
● Manage and implement sales forecasting and planned driven sales / projects to achieve sales /
growth targets in collaboration with the General Manager - Academy.
● Analyse sales pipeline and lead data to ensure delivery of meaningful reports
● Correct allocation of learners based on clear understanding of finance and budgeting at
● Oversee, manage and lead the daily operations of the Department effectively.
● Manage and co-ordinate organizational activities at Departmental level.
● Manage operational changes as required
● Manage the operational expenses and general budget.
● Ensure governance and adherence to policies and procedures, and Business Ethics code
● Ensure quality of work and delivery to all stakeholders and adherence to Service Level
● Travel between Stakeholders and head office as required
● Ensure transparent and effective communication and reporting to company leadership.
● Interface with technical support internally to resolve issues that impact service delivery and
● Quality assure the reports prepared by the Key Account Managers for the submission for
audits and verification
● Submission of relevant reports as agreed with key stakeholders
● Motivate for resources and changes as may be necessary to ensure operational improvements
● Execute on all administrative and financial transactions and ensure efficiency
● Prepare and submit consolidated Learner Numbers Report
● Ensure Regional Allocation of Learner to Campuses from signed proposals
● Develop, manage and monitor Classroom Planner for the Academy
● Ensure Stipend approval
● Authorize Transport Subsidy Approval in conjunction with General Manager
● Manage and develop departmental staff
● Interact, coach and recognize superior performance and address substandard performance of
● Maintain a working environment conducive to productivity, employee wellbeing and retention.
● Recruit all department staff in collaboration with Human Resources Department
● Ensure the correct disciplines and teamwork are in place
● Demonstrate effective, fair leadership, and inculcate the company values and culture
● Manage and engage diverse teams effectively
● Collaborate on continuous professional development of team members
● Drive the performance of each member of the team on a daily basis as against individual
● Ensure that team members abide by internally established control systems