Business and Data Analyst Graduate - BSc in Statics / Mathematical Statistics / Computer Science / Data Analytics
Business and Data Analyst Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Business and Data Analyst role is to analyse our existing business practices, data and identify opportunities for improvement. The intention is to drive efficiencies to make the business more competitive in the market. The ideal candidate must be able to use the data to help the organization evaluate the business and make more effective business decisions.
Qualifications and work experience:
- The successful candidate must have at least one of the following qualifications:
– BSc in Statics / Mathematical Statistics / Computer Science / Data Analytics.
- High level Microsoft Excel proficiency.
Skills and Qualities:
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving.
- Disciplined, focused and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Understands new technological trends in the market.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Critical Thinking: Must look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Analyse and document business processes.
- Create dashboards to provide insights and drive behaviour.
- Pro-actively communicate and collaborate with management to analyse information needs and functional requirements.
- Interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements.
- Test data sets and validate all data and information used to do the analysis.
- Conduct a business analysis and a workflow analysis to access difficulties in reaching goals and to determine a better strategy.
- Identify and document system deficiencies and recommend solutions. Recommend on process improvements.
- Improve upon existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform current practices into fresh alternative solutions.
- Collaborate, communicate, organize, listen, investigate and facilitate improvements in the Company's processes coming up with innovative solutions to any problems that may be apparent.
- Prepare graphs, charts and analyse documents which changes should be taken by the Company.
- Report weekly on areas of analysis.
Should you meet the above requirements, kindly email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position as your reference. You can also apply directly through the job portal.
Should you not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must be willing to undergo a criminal and credit check. Non-South African applicants with valid work permits who meet the requirements will also be considered. This position will be based in Isando, Johannesburg.