Lovely client in Goodwood looking for a Bookkeeper to join their team.
Salary: R16K gross + medical benefit.
Core Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Cashbook reconciliations
- Review creditors recons and perform 1st release of payments
- Attend to queries
- Weekly filing – (includes bank statements and cheques)
- Assisting with yearly audit and preparation of audit files
- General ledger reconciliations and analytical reviews
- Month end process
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by management
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for the position must satisfy the following criteria:
- Hardworking, friendly individual
- Loyal, enthusiastic and reliable.
- Well organised, accurate and attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Above average communication skills both written and spoken
- Fully computer literate and above average skills on MS Office programs
- Team player
- Ability to manage volumes
- Handling audit queries
- Degree/Diploma in Finance/Accounting/equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting/Finance function
- VAT knowledge
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Technical knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and financial reports.
- Understanding of related regulations, statutes, and filing requirements.
- Knowledge of related computer applications.
Should you meet the above requirements, kindly email your updated CV to email@example.com with the name of the position as your reference. You can also apply directly through the job portal.
If a strong match is found between your profile and the needs of the role, we'll contact you.
If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks you are unfortunately not a suitable match for this role.