A well-established company in the transport sector is currently seeking to employ a Broker Coordinator to join their team. The role of the Broking Coordinator will be to plan, direct and coordinate the transportation operations to their subcontractors within the company and to meet operational requirements of the business and clientele. The position will be based in Brackenfell.
- Grade 12 (essential)
- Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous
- Proven experience in refrigerated transport environment
- 5 years’ experience in logistics/transport environment
- Thorough understanding of long-distance transport and driver management
- Computer literate (MS Office and Outlook) Essential
- Fully Bilingual (English and Afrikaans) Essential
- The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated individual with a passion for fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Drivers licence and own transport
- Attention to detail
- Strong administration skills
- Analytical, pro-active, organised and innovative
- Scheduling loads
- Manages schedules through collaboration with Fleet Controllers and Logistics companies to ensure timely deliveries to all customers
- Negotiate and monitor rates, needs and logistics with suppliers and maintain appropriate documentation
- Create suitable transportation routes through the interpretation of travel surveys and accident reports
- Plan vehicles efficiently to avoid empty km’s and forecast travel patterns and assess any infrastructure requirements.
- Maximise loads done and arrange additional loads to supply to subcontractors and minimise drop loads.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with logistics service providers and customers to meet their needs and requests
Kindly note, should you not hear back from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.