An excellent opportunity has become available to join a leader within the Manufacturing industry in the capacity of Quality Controller.
The Incumbent will be required to evaluate, monitor and accept or reject the incoming raw material quality against set standards.
- Matric certificate with Maths (Maths Literacy not sufficient); and
- Relevant qualification will be advantageous.
- 3 (Three) – 4 (Four) years’ of relevant working experience;
- Knowledge of warehousing/stock and despatch systems;
- Microsoft Office proficiency; and
- Must be able and willing to work occasional overtime when required.
- Visually assess quality of all incoming loads of baled and loose raw material;
- Accept or reject loads based on visual quality and report all concerns to management;
- Ensure questionable loads are quarantined, evaluated and accepted, rejected or discounted by the supplier;
- Allocate grades to the raw materials in stock and assist with the blending ratios;
- Timeous taking of samples form reject streams from the front end of the machine;
- Accurate analysis of the stream for evaluation;
- Visually monitor rework and reject streams for contaminants vs good material;
- Ensure that pictures and reports are compiled based on quality analysis for management;
- Assist with stock control where required including stock takes and daily issuing into production;
- Keep a safe and clean working environment in the warehouse;
- Comply with the relevant company policies;
Salary: Market related
Note: Should you not have heard back from us within 2 weeks, then kindly accept that your application has not been successful.