Projects or Services:
- Understand the high-level Scope of Work (SoW).
- Assist the project manager to draw up a project plan by estimating effort/duration on individual tasks.
- Engage with customers to understand their business needs. Translate needs into measurable and achievable requirements. Document requirements in a Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS). Submit FRS to the customer for signature to ensure mutually understood and agreed details of the SoW.
- Design solutions that will satisfy customer requirements. Proposed solutions should: follow best practice guidelines, be robust to optimize availability, follow the latest trends and changes in technology for sustainability and performance. Document the designs in a Functional Design Specifications (FDS) and/or Technical Design Specifications (TDS).
- Conduct handover session with other resources assigned to the same SoW.
- Validate that the solutions in the FDS/TDS meets the requirements defined in the FRS and conforms to best practices and quality standards.
- Take full control and ownership of individual tasks or complete SoW assigned to you.
- Execute solutions. Where tasks are not clearly defined in FDS/TDS, engineered solutions should: follow best practice guidelines, be robust to optimize availability, follow the latest trends and changes in technology for sustainability and performance.
- Test engineered solutions at various stages of the project life cycle. Including, but not limited to: Unit testing (UT), Internal Testing (IT), Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Site Acceptance Testing (SAT). Develop test documentation based on FRS, best practices and quality standards. Capture results in test documentation.
- Deploy engineered solutions in customer production environment.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving methods to diagnose and resolve issues promptly.
- Develop, maintain, contribute and adhere to best practices, lessons learned and quality standards.
- Manage individual priorities, deliverables and utilization & efficiency (time management).
- Onsite project work as required.
- After hours standby as required.
- Assist front office with technical scoping and capability aspects of solutions during the sales cycle.
- Assist tendering by provide input into effort and duration for quoting purpose.
- Promote value-add solutions, services and add-ons to customers during project engagements.
- Identify opportunities to widen the use of the company’s solutions within projects and services.
- Provide front office with leads generated through, for example, value-add promotion.
- Ensure technical skills and knowledge is continually improved in line with corporate direction, changes in technology and industry trends.
- Contribute to improving engineering capabilities/processes by sharing knowledge and ideas within the team.
- Ensures that activities conform with relevant government regulations, company policies, standard and ethics
- Communication & Reporting:
- Consult with colleagues in areas of technical expertise.
- Keep project manager and other relevant stakeholders up to date with progress on assigned tasks.
- Participate in communication plan to build/maintain client relationships.
- Conduct all communications in a professional manner.
- Provide early warning to the project manager on newly identified and changing risks, problems or issues.
- Perform administrative duties as related to the role including timely completion and submission of timesheets, appraisals, support tickets and expense claims.
- Keep informed w.r.t company policies, standard and ethics.
- Keep document management system up to date with all project backups, documentation, reports, timesheets, expenses, certificates, etc.
- Manage personal objective, company goals and project commitments.
Maintain and encourage appropriate communications and cooperation with:
- Customers / Partners / Supplies
- Other divisions and entities within the company
- Project and services team
B.Eng (Computer, Electrical, Industrial), Bsc Information Technology
Job Related Experience:
Previous experience in the delivery of:
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Manufacturing Information Systems (MIS), Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM), Business Intelligence (BI).
- Software and applications architecture and design.
- SQL Server (DB, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS)
- Software development (C#, ASP.Net)
- Solid technical report writing skills
- Business process and data modelling tools
- Knowledge of project management processes and software
- Business needs analysis
- Business process mapping
- Risk management
- Health, safety and environment
- Technical sales support