Well established organisation based in Pretoria is looking to appoint a very passionate CEO with an intuitive appreciation for the industry.
The main purpose of the role is to lead the general direction, development and management of the company, whilst having a strong focus on business development and customer delight. The CEO is the top operational decision-maker and will direct and lead the Company in keeping with the vision outlined for the company by the Board of Directors. He / She will provide the strategic vision, planning and operational leadership to ensure that the company objective, as determined by the Board of Directors, are reached. The successful individual must be very entrepreneurial by nature.
The successful individual must be very entrepreneurial, able to think on his / her feet and love to get involved in the everyday things. Must be extremely passionate about the industry and come from an IT / ICT company / background to be able to drive business growth in this sector.
Requirements necessary for this role:
- Relevant Degree / Qualification
- 10+ years senior managerial experience in an entrepreneurial environment
- Must be able to sell and close deals.
- Ability to plan for the future / strategical thinking
- Ability to perform effectively in complex environments
- Ability to drive for success through others
- Ability to navigate through noise
- Will not shy away from taking calculated risks
- Constructively tough-minded
- Social Confidence
- Emotionally strong
- Preferably coming from an IT / Technical Type company
Roles & Responsibilities
- Personally sell and close deals of large values.
- Build and lead the Executive Team and extended staff in their achievement of business objectives with integrity and rigor.
- Guide Capex and R & D Investment into the next level of products.
- Develop and maintain an effective organisational structure for the Company by delegating to the Executive Team the functions and responsibilities required to run the operations and ensure the growth of the Company, while retaining oversight and ultimate responsibility over the discharge of these functions.
- Report to the Board of Directors and act as a liaison between the Executive Team and the Board.
- Work closely with the CFO to allocate capital to the Company’s priorities and deliver on the annual financial plan set out by the Board.
- Accountable to make high-level and strategic decisions about policy, strategy and direction of the organisation.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Develop current and prospective industry specific partnerships from both the view of strategic suppliers and strategic distribution/sales partners.
- Ensure relevant legal and governance compliance and create/manage relevant internal and external relationships to achieve such.
- Provide oversight on relevant Quality and Security programs and processes, both internally focused as well as in the context of service and product delivery, to customers. Establish relevant committees as directed by the Board or deemed necessary based on company requirement.
- Guide the relevant R&D and Capital investment activities and direction within the company in consultation with the Board.
- Guide and manage the IP commercialisation activities within the company.
- Guide and oversee the Marketing and PR communication and branding strategies to ensure alignment with internal and external stakeholders. Ensuring a single, well-articulated positioning of the company is achieved and communicated in its target markets and segments.
- Ensure that Sales, Marketing and Operational execution activities are aligned in the current and future delivery of the company’s value proposition to customers.
- Represent the company at strategic industry events and bodies, including conferences and seminars.
Should you meet the above requirements, kindly email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position as your reference. You can also apply directly through the job portal.
Should you not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.