Brief Description of the role:
Ensures proper cost accounting for all cost figures of an assigned unit, to ensure transparency about costing situations.
Key Performance Areas:
- Establishes and further develops cost account systematic for the assigned unit.
- Analyses and attributes variable and fixed cost portion to the respective cost accounts.
- Tracks and maintains standard cost compared to actual cost and moving average cost.
- Conducts product profit margin analysis (sales revenue vs. cost of sales, variable costs and fixed costs).
- Ensures the accuracy of plant product cost criteria (i.e. material, labour, factory overhead, etc).
- Prepares regular reports for internal stakeholders.
- Maintains annual standard calculations for material, labour, and overhead.
- Assist in internal auditing schedule of sales orders, purchase orders, expense reports, accounting documents, inventory transactions.
- May participate in the annual physical inventory and provides analysis and explanation for fluctuations in inventory balances.
- Will perform inventory/cost of sales account reconciliations for external auditors.
- Contains jobs related to provide financial controlling support business and/or cost accountable unit manager (i.e. CoC) to manage their unit effectively.
- Includes budget planning and monitoring, cost accounting, cost calculation, design-to-cost capability
- Advanced MS Office
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
Qualifications and Experience:
- National Diploma, B-Tech or Bcom in Cost Accounting with CIMA.
- 4 - 6 years experience
Salary: R630 000 ctc per annum
Should you meet the above requirements, kindly email your updated CV to email@example.com with the name of the position as your reference. You can also apply directly through the job portal.
Should you not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.