A 12-month contract position has become available within our manufacturing client’s ICT department in the capacity of E-learning designer and developer, based in Springs.
The incumbent will be part of a dynamic cross-division team working on designing, developing and delivery of high-quality interactive E-Learning courses. The E-Learner Designer will provide input into course design using sound instructional design, Rapid e-Learning (REL) principles and develop courses using advanced Articulate360 development skills.
- Matric Certificate with Mathematics or Accounting (Mathematical Literacy is not sufficient); and
- Information Technology or Commerce Tertiary education (National Diploma/Degree) or equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years’ practical experience designing and developing e-Learning courses focusing on
- all corresponding program elements, including product, behavioural, and systems training;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft™ PowerPoint and the Articulate™ suite of tools;
- Programming or applications development skills in any of Java, C#, SQL or XML;
- Excellent graphic design insights with great attention to detail, consistency, and quality;
- Experience in creating assessment and scenario-based learning exercises;
- Experience in integrating audio and video files into Articulate360 projects;
- May be required to travel to other sites from time to time;
- Must have own transport; and
- Overtime will be required.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Create high quality instructional design story boards and develop impactful engaging and interactive
- E-Learning courses using Articulate360 tool and its suite of applications;
- During the instructional design and development processes, collaborate with divisional subject matter
- experts (SME’s) including Learning & Development (L&D) Managers, Education and Training Design
- (ETD’s) Practitioners and Project Managers;
- Perform quality assurance on the developed instructional content to align with training objectives and
- learning outcomes;
- Maintain excellent communication and constructive engagement with Learning & Development
- communities and stakeholders (including learners) on matters related to their development needs and
- Contribute to promoting a culture of development needs analysis, and employee learning-needs based on
- instructional design across the divisions by sharing knowledge and ensuring development;
- Command authority as subject matter expert (SME) in the E-Learning Design and Development domain
- and provide expert advice on Learning Management System (LMS), E-Learning methodologies,
- processes, tools and their evolution; and
- Manage personal development to improve own skills and competencies for future growth opportunities
- from within ICT or across the organisation.
Salary: Fixed salary of R25k to R30k PM
Note: Should you not have heard back from us within 2 weeks, then kindly accept that your application has not been successful.