A well-known government organisation in Cape Town is seeking to employ a Radiation Protection Standards Specialist to provide technical and scientific expertise in support of the Radiation Protection Programme.
- Matric/ Grade 12 Certificate.
- BSc (hons) Physics/Chemistry or BEng in Nuclear Physics or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience in conducting reviews and revisions of high level scientific, technical and/or regulatory related texts in radiation safety.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Radiation Protection regulatory framework and relevant international safety standards.
- Ability to draft and revise high level scientific, technical or regulatory texts essential
- Ability to draft radiation safety cases
- Quality management system exposure
- Plans and organizes own work in support of achieving the team’s priorities
- Valid drivers’ licence and own reliable transport
- Develop Radiation Protection standards in line with IAEA and relevant regulatory requirements
- Providing technical and scientific expertise in support of the Radiation Protection Programme drafting radiation safety cases
- Develop, review and implement Radiation Protection standards and procedures
- Consults with supervisor/manager and takes decisions in full compliance with the rules and regulations.
Should you wish to apply for this position, please send your