Helpdesk Agent / Support Agent / Service Desk Agent
R12K – R15K gross per month
My client is a well-established, world class IT company based in Rosebank and they are looking for a dynamic Support Agent / Helpdesk Agent / Service Desk Agent to join their team. This position reports to the Helpdesk Manager
Please note that SQL experience (basic T-SQL querying) is an absolute requirement for this role.
Salary offered: R12K – R15K gross per month (including medical aid and pension fund) + Annual Performance bonus.
- Support users telephonically (Web Application Support)
- User contact and communication (telephonic and digital)
- Create basic reports in SQL
Their current products include, but are not limited to a Data Warehouse application, a claims application, global policy management system, etc.
Level One Support
- Answering of the helpdesk telephone and tickets logged via their support system.
- Development of SQL queries that support the support process
- Working with the development team to resolve reported issues.
- Creating proper documentation.
- Meeting support SLA.
The support agent will need to use TSQL to query the many databases that we operate in order to solve some problems. This is an essential skill. Problems can range from reports not balancing, users entering incorrect parameters to development bugs.
The support agent may be required to provide systems training to some user groups on and ad-hoc basis. This may require some travel to locations within South Africa.
- Technical (Required)
- Basic T-SQL Querying (1-2 years)
- Basic understanding of web applications.
- Technical (Nice to have)
- SQL Reporting Services
- SQL Integration Services
- Experience in a support environment.
- Fluent in English and proficient in Afrikaans.
- Good Communicator
If you meet the above requirements, kindly submit your application online, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, if you do not have T-SQL querying experience you will not qualify for this position and will automatically be unsuccessful.
If you do not receive a response within 2 weeks of your application, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.